Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Past Seven Days - Raindance / So Many Others... (1981)


Classic classic 4AD stuff. Groovy, dark, mellow(dramatic), all the hallmarks of a great 4AD single. I wish I could tell you more about this band but there's just about no info about them on the internet. The only other songs they've ever recorded were on a cassette compilation titled A Bucket of Sleet, which, unfortunately, is also nowhere to be found online.

I drink my poison this time
No explosion this time
And it slows you down
And it slows you down

1 comment:

  1. Like me, they were from Sheffield. The name is from the signing-on card of those days - (If you have done any work during)the past seven days... The cover photo is of Fountains Precinct - an office block in the centre of Sheffield diagonally opposite the Town Hall with reflective gold windows (still there). The single was remixed by the Comsat Angels' Kevin Bacon and that's all I remember. Michael

    ReplyDelete